The RL Series Rod Lock utilizes a 100% ball bearing design, which distributes even locking (clamp-holding) force along the shaft, providing low fatigue on clamping components and no appreciable wear on the piston rod. This unique design extends the life of the Rod Lock and gives superior locking forces that are rated highest in the industry.
- Designed to “bolt- on” to the FM Series cylinder, allowing for easy maintenance.
- Provides extremely low backlash and ZERO rod movement on actuation.
- Can be used in Emergency Stop (E-STOP), intermediate stroke positioning, drop prevention and for precise holding applications.
- Anodized Aluminum Housing and precision ground Tool Steel locking mechanism.
- Response time = 200 ms.
- Bore sizes: 1-1/2″, 2″, 2-1/2″, 3-1/4”, 4″, 5″, 6″.
- Rod sizes: 5/8″, 1″, 1-3/8″, 1-3/4″.
- Larger bore sizes: multiple 6″ bore rod locks can be added to larger bore cylinders to achieve desired holding force.
- Rated for millions of trouble-free Rod Lock actuation.